http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/ http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/just-me.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/contact.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/sponsor.html Image Map

10/18/2012

Chicken Parmesan Soup.. YUM!!

I tend to get really bored, really fast. And so even though I have the boys to keep me busy, these past few weeks of maternity leave have me staring at the wall. So when I went to a Pampered Chef party last week, I just jumped in with two feet and signed up to be a consultant... I'm always good for making rash decisions.

I have my first show coming up this weekend. My goal is $1250 in sales, if you'd like to help me out you can shop my online website. Make sure to sign in, it only takes a minute, and then in the top left corner click where is say "Shows you're invited to or hosting" in the drop down, click on my name (the only one there) and shop away.
I will be closing this show on Monday October 22nd.
Please let me know if you shop, I'd love to say thank you.

Also, If you're interested in hosting an online party and earning free and discounted products, please shoot me an email!
Anywho, I'm super excited about it now and I wanted to share the recipe that had me totally sold!
I did it all in the microwave.. in under 20 minutes, say whaaat?
Husband and child approved.
The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken Parmesan Soup
Recipe
1/4 of a 16-oz (450-g) loaf French bread
      2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
3 tbsp (45 mL) Garlic & Herb Rub, divided
      1 1/2 cups (375 mL) unsalted chicken stock
      2 cups (500 mL) marinara sauce
       1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion (about 1 3/4 cups/425 mL), undrained
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) diced cooked chicken breasts
      3 garlic cloves
        1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
      3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
  1. Cut bread into 3/4-in. (2-cm) cubes using Color Coated Bread Knife. (You should have about 2 cups/500 mL.)
  2. Toss bread cubes, oil and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub in Deep Covered Baker.
  3. Microwave bread cubes, uncovered, on HIGH 3–4 minutes or until they begin to brown, stirring every minute. Spread croutons over a piece of Parchment Paper to cool.
  4. Stir stock, remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) rub, marinara sauce, tomatoes, chicken and garlic pressed with Garlic Press into baker.
  5. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11–13 minutes or until soup is hot.
  6. Carefully remove baker from microwave and stir in Parmesan.
  7. Top soup with half of the mozzarella and sprinkle with half of the croutons. Top with remaining mozzarella.
  8. Let stand, covered, 2–3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve soup with remaining croutons.
Yield: 6 servings
This recipe is obviously from Pampered Chef, so if you don't have all the utensils mentioned above you can use what you have. I do not recommend trying this without the Covered Baker.
My Tip: I have a tendency to forget to take out meat before I want to cook it...
Using the Deep Covered Baker, I cooked the frozen chicken for 7 minutes in the microwave before adding the soup ingredients. It came out perfect and fully cooked.
My Deep Covered Baker hasn't come in yet, so I used the Round Covered Baker and cut the recipe in half.
We made this at the party and I've made it twice already since then... it's only been a week.
Yes, it is that delicious. And sooo easy to make.
The Deep Covered Baker is amazing!
Besides this, I've made 3 other meals this week, all in the microwave and I swear they've all been top chef status. No one would ever believe that I made them.. in the microwave.
If you make it, let me know what you think!


7 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Following you here too. :) Happy to find another fellow military wife!

    Hope you'll stop by Me + the Moon sometime! I'm hosting my find + follow hop this weekend and would love to have you. :D (and a giveaway!)

    ♥Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! This looks fantastic! Our microwave is rather small, is there a way to make it on the stovetop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can, I'm not that great at recipe conversions though. maybe just cook the chicken and add the rest?

      Delete
  3. This definitely looks delish and you offer some great tips! Pampered Chef is amazing....many things in my kitchen that are Pampered Chef ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Can't believe you did it in the microwave in 20 minutes... it would have been the perfect dish to make when I was a student! Stopping by from the Find + Follow blog hop, you have a very sweet blog!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 
    deborah lippmann/fresh giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your show goes well and that you hit your sale goal!! I am new here via the blog walk and am excited to follow along! I'm your newest follower.
    -Laura
    http://robandladi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Monday!!! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have nominated you for the liebster award!! Check out my latest post :-)

    ReplyDelete