http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/ http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/just-me.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/contact.html http://laughwithash.blogspot.jp/p/sponsor.html Image Map

12/19/2012

Overcoming Fear.


Fear. 
I often like to believe that I am fearless, but I know just how much of my life is consumed with it. And as hard as it is to live by sometimes, I also know that I should have no fears as my faith in God should overpower them. 

Last night at my bi-monthly MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers!) meeting, we talked about fear and how it has consumed people in our country in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings. How so many have said that they will now homeschool their children, or never go to a mall, or a movie theater? How they will put their life on hold because of this tragedy. 
Because where was God? 
What about the Gun gun control?

There are so many questions, and I can't say that I or anyone has all the right answers, but I do know that we ought to not be afraid to live our lives. There is no way of knowing what will happen during our days or when our last one will come. Just keep faith in God and know that he has a plan for all of us, whether we are here on earth for 6 years or 106, he has a divine plan. Trust it. 

Please, know in your heart that no matter how devastating and tragic were last weeks events, good will prevail. In some way, big or small.. the good will prevail.

There is no need to live in fear of the unknown. We have no control. 
Do not let Fear dictate your life and rob you of a chance to live a fulfilling life.

I didn't think I needed to hear these words, but I did.
Not even because of last weeks events, but because of the countless other things that I am afraid of. 

Because I am a mother.
And most of my days are spent being paranoid about my babies.
Because when my babies are sleeping I check on them several times to make sure they are still breathing.
And when I'm showering, I pop my head out 5 or 6 times because I swear I just heard one of them crying.
I keep them close because I am afraid to lose them. 

Often I don't let my oldest engage in activities that would benefit him because in some way I am afraid for him.

I need to stop letting fear consume my thoughts and my life.
Just live. 

Compassionately.
& Fully. 

Do not be afraid.
God will lead the way, Trust him.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Ashlee ~ I hug Reagan tighter than I used to because we do never know what could happen tomorrow.
    I do believe that there is good in people and I am going to remind myself every day to make Reagan smile and laugh and live her life!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete